How do I file a wage claim?

To file a claim, download the form (under "Wage Claim Forms") or ask for a copy of the form at any NMDWS office. Once you have completed the form, submit it by: emailing it to wage.claimssubmiss@state.nm.us; delivering it in-person; or mailing or faxing it to a Wage and Hour office (contact information below).

If you are unable to complete a wage claim form, please contact one of the Wage and Hour offices for assistance.

A claim should include any information regarding hours worked and rate of pay promised to you. Incomplete information will delay the processing of the claim.

Please note: If you are under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian must also sign the wage claim documentation.


What can an employer deduct from wages?

No deduction can be made except appropriate state, federal, and social security taxes without a written authorization from the employee or a court order. In all cases, the employee must receive the minimum wage.