Public Works and Apprenticeship Application
The Public Works and Apprenticeship Application (PWAA) is the new online database exchange between the New Mexico Department Workforce Solutions and apprenticeship programs, contractors, and contracting agencies. The PWAA is an interactive tool providing many self-service activities including: registering apprentices; issuing apprentice certifications; entering wage decision requests; completing public works paperwork; making apprenticeship contributions; and contractor registration/renewals.
Effective Tuesday, January 19th, 2016, all contractors and contracting agencies will begin submitting all public works related correspondence via the new online system. This will include: applying for a new contractor registration; renewing an existing contractor registration; requesting a wage decision; submitting compliance statements and/or making payments for the Public Works and Apprenticeship Training fund; and completing other public works related requirements.
Contractors and contracting agencies will need to create an administrator account and then will be able to create various roles and accounts for any individuals who are authorized to conduct business on behalf of your company.
If you have questions about account creation, system features, or changes in processes, contractors and contracting agencies are encouraged to contact the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions Public Works Office at (505) 841-4400 or via email at email@example.com.
Public Works Prevailing Wage Rates
2017 Prevailing Wage & Fringe Benefit Rates
2016 Prevailing Wage & Fringe Benefit Rates
Rates for Wage Decisions Issued After September 23, 2015 Effective through December 31, 2015
Rates for Wage Decisions Issued Between January 1, 2015 through September 23, 2015
Search Public Works Projects
Public Works Forms
Note: Some of these documents are in a "PDF" file format, so you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view or print the forms. The reader is free at adobe.com Attention: Contractors and all contracting tiers on a Public Works project must fill out the documents below and submit to the contracting agency:
Public Works and Apprenticeship and Training (PWAT) Forms
- Form A: Public Works Apprenticeship & Training Contribution Compliance Statement - (This form is now available on the new online system starting on Tuesday, January 19, 2016. After logging into the online system select "Public Works" then click on "Public Works Apprenticeship & Training Fund" then click on "Apprenticeship Contribution")
- Form B: Apprenticeship & Training Contribution Compliance Statement for Approved Programs - PDF ( This form is now available on the new online system starting on Tuesday, January 19, 2016. After logging into the online system select "Public Works" then click on "Public Works Apprenticeship & Training Fund" then click on "Apprenticeship Contribution Compliance")
Rules, Regulations, & Statutes
New Mexico State Statutes - http://www.nmonesource.com/nmnxtadmin/NMPublic.aspx
- Click on the "Statutes, Rules and Const." folder
- Click on the "NMSA (Unannotated)" folder
- Click on chapter "50. Employment Law"
New Mexico State Regulations - http://www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmac/
- Click on "Browse Compilation"
- Click on Title 11 "Labor and Workers' Compensation"
- Click on Chapter 1 "Labor General Provisions"
- Click on 11.1.2 "Public Works Minimum Wage Act Policy Manual"
Federal Davis-Bacon - http://www.dol.gov/whd/govcontracts/dbra.htm