All COVID-19 related federal unemployment programs expired on September 4, 2021. Federal programs ending regardless of account balance are the following:
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (FPUC): the week ending September 4 was the last week of unemployment for which the additional $300 weekly payment for any claimant that is eligible for at least $1 of an underlying unemployment compensation program.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA): The week ending September 4 was the last payable week for PUA benefits which provides benefits for claimants who are not otherwise eligible for unemployment insurance, such as self-employed, contract workers and gig economy workers. For 30 days after this expiration, the Department will continue to take new applications so long as the period of unemployment benefits requested is before September 4.
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC) and PEUC-A: The week ending September 4 was the last payable week for PEUC or PEUC-A which provides an extension of benefits after regular unemployment compensation benefits have been exhausted. For claimants currently on regular state UI benefits, they will not be eligible for this extension for weeks of full or partial unemployment ending after September 4.
- Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation (MEUC): The week ending September 4 was the last week of unemployment for which the additional $100 weekly payment to certain claimants who have mixed earnings will be paid.
If you are waiting to receive an eligibility determination for any of these four federal programs, the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions (NMDWS) will ensure that you receive payments owed to you for all weeks prior to September 4 for which you have certified for and are determined eligible, even after the federal programs have ended.
Job Search Resources
Free job services are available to all New Mexicans through the New Mexico Workforce Connection Online System, https://www.jobs.state.nm.us and through Ready NM at https://www.ready.nm.gov. Providing job seekers with access to explore more than 64,000 job openings, learn about high-demand career fields, find career training and education programs, and access information about other resources such as scholarships and grants, childcare and adult education services. Representatives are also available by phone at 1-800-303-3599, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Career Fairs - view dates and times for virtual and in person career fairs taking place across the state.
- Workshops - register to attend a virtual workshop to brush up on your skills, workshops are held weekly.
- Apprenticeships - Browse career pathways offered in a wide variety of trades and occupations. Earn while you learn!