The Wage and Hour Bureau enforces minimum wage, payment of wages, and overtime labor laws under the Minimum Wage Act. The bureau also enforces the payment of scale wages to laborers and mechanics under the Public Works Minimum Wage Act. The bureau takes claims for unpaid wages from employees and ex-employees under both acts. The bureau also provides seminars and materials to employer and employee groups on the compliance requirements of the various state labor laws.
Wage Claim Forms
- Day Labor Act Wage Claim
- Albuquerque - PDF (The Albuquerque Wage Claim Form covers the following counties: Bernalillo, Sandoval, Valencia, San Juan, McKinley, Cibola, Catron, Socorro, Torrance, Guadalupe, De Baca, Quay, Curry, and Roosevelt)
- Las Cruces - PDF (The Las Cruces Wage Claim Form covers the following counties: Lincoln, Chaves, Otero, Eddy, Lea, Grant, Sierra, Luna, Hidalgo, and Dona Ana).
- Santa Fe - PDF (The Santa Fe Wage Claim Form covers the following counties: Santa Fe, San Miguel, Mora, Colfax, Taos, Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Union, and Harding)
Day Labor Act
Rules, Regulations, & Statutes
New Mexico State Statutes - http://www.nmonesource.com/nmnxtadmin/NMPublic.aspx
- Click on the "Statutes, Rules and Const." folder
- Click on the "NMSA (Unannotated)" folder
- Click on chapter "50. Employment Law"
New Mexico State Regulations - http://www.nmcpr.state.nm.us/nmac/
- Click on "Browse Compilation"
- Click on Title 11 "Labor and Workers' Compensation"
- Click on Chapter 1 "Labor General Provisions"
- Click on 11.1.4 "Wage and Hour and Employment of Children"
USDOL Employment Laws Assistance for Workers and Small Businesses - http://www.dol.gov/elaws/
Labor Standards Information for New and Small Businesses - http://www.dol.gov/whd/flsa/index.htm