Where to File


Applications for Temporary Foreign Labor Certification

Please note: The application process has changed. Please contact the NMDWS Foreign Labor Coordinator for more information at nm.flc@dws.nm.gov

Applications for temporary agricultural work must be filed with both the U.S. Department of Labor and the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions in accordance with the procedure described at www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/foreign-labor/programs/h-2a

Applications for temporary non-agricultural work in New Mexico must be filed with the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions in accordance with the procedure described at www.dol.gov/agencies/eta/foreign-labor/programs/h-2b

U.S. Department of Labor

Employment and Training Administration
Office of Foreign Labor Certification
Chicago National Processing Center
11 West Quincy Court
Chicago, IL 60604-2105
Attention: H-2A Program Unit
Phone: 312-886-8000
Fax: 312-886-1688

New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions

Foreign Labor Certification
322 E. Oak Street
Deming, NM 88030
Phone: 575-546-0192
Fax: 575-544-3605
Email: nm.flc@dws.nm.gov

  • Do you want to become an

    Applications Developer?

    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.

  • Do you want to become a


    Assemble, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. May install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.

  • Do you want to become an


    Raise, place, and unite iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. May erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.

  • Do you want to become an


    Perform preliminary work with the material and tools of the trade; residential and commercial rough wiring and finish work including the installation of various kinds of wires, cables, and conduits per the National Electrical Code; industrial lighting and service installation; motors controls and installation including emergency generators, relays, and timing devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us and we'll do our best to answer your questions.