Can money that is on my debit card be moved to my direct deposit account or any other account?

No. Per banking regulations, once the money is deposited to the debit card, we cannot remove it for any reason other than fraud. You will need to use the card to access any funds deposited there. To change your UI benefit payment method from debit card to direct deposit, you may do so by logging into your UI Claimant homepage at and selecting “View and Maintain Account Information” from the menu, and then “Payment Method Options and Tax Information”.  

What do I do if I didn't get my debit card?

If you have elected to receive a debit card for your Unemployment Insurance benefits, please be advised that the current processing and arrival time for new debit cards is 7-14 calendar days.

If you have questions regarding ordering a new card, checking the status of a replacement card, debit card account balance questions, or need to Pin/Activate the card please contact the Way2Go Card Customer Service Center at 1-844-309-5657. Support is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also log in to the Way2Go card website at to manage your debit card account. If you need assistance setting up your account on, have been locked out of your account, or need help with the website password, please contact the Way2Go Card Customer Service Center at 1-844-309-5657 for assistance.

To order a new card or check the status of your card, you may do so without waiting on hold to speak to someone when you call the Way2Go Card Customer Service Center. You will be asked to verify your identity before a card will be sent and can do this by entering in the card number. If you do not know the card number, you can use your Social Security Number or your date of birth to authenticate.

There is no fee for replacement debit cards, however there is a $12.50 fee if you request for your new card to be expedited 3-5 days arrival. Please note that we cannot expedite cards to any PO box addresses. These can be sent via USPS Priority Mail, however, there is no guaranteed delivery date.

How do I change my payment method?

You can change your payment method at any time by accessing your Unemployment Insurance Tax & Claims System account online at Once you log in, click the umbrella icon for Unemployment Insurance Benefits, then select “View and Maintain Account Information” and then “Payment Method Options and Tax Information.” Then select the payment option you would prefer. We recommend that if you are changing your payment method, do so 24 hours prior to completing your weekly certification to allow our system time to update before sending out the payment. Please note that Department staff do not have access to assist with entering any direct deposit account information. Department staff can only update your payment method to the debit card.

Why can't I use a pre-paid card or why do I get the message, "The system did not accept your direct deposit account"?

Per our agency security rules and requirements, we do not accept any type of pre-paid brand accounts, including pre-paid bank accounts or pre-paid debit cards, to be used as a direct deposit account for claims. If you would like to use direct deposit as your payment method, you must have an account using a valid, known FDIC/NCUA approved routing number. If you do not have a valid, known routing number, you will be sent a debit card as your payment method.

If your account number is entered incorrectly, is not known, or is not on the FDIC/NCUA approved routing number list, it will go to the routing number workflow and this payment method will be researched by a member of the NMDWS fraud team. You will be mailed paper checks while the investigation takes place. If it is determined to be valid bank it will be added to the approved list and you may begin to use this as the direct deposit account. If it is an unknown or new pre-paid product, it will be added to the blocked list and you will be placed on the debit card if there is no other valid direct deposit account to be used.



  • Do you want to become an

    Applications Developer?

    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.

  • Do you want to become a


    Assemble, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. May install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.

  • Do you want to become an


    Raise, place, and unite iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. May erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.

  • Do you want to become an


    Perform preliminary work with the material and tools of the trade; residential and commercial rough wiring and finish work including the installation of various kinds of wires, cables, and conduits per the National Electrical Code; industrial lighting and service installation; motors controls and installation including emergency generators, relays, and timing devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us and we'll do our best to answer your questions.