How do I report my change of address?

You can change your address by logging into your account through the online UI Tax & Claims System (, available Sunday through Friday from 4:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. You can also report your change of address to a Customer Service Agent (CSA) through the 1-877-NM-4-MYUI (1-877-664-6984) toll-free number. The UI Operations Center is open from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.

How do I find answers about the Treasury Offset Program (TOP)?

The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions (NMDWS) uses many tools to recover overpaid Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefits. The Treasury Offset Program (TOP) is available to permit NMDWS to intercept federal income tax refunds and apply them to overpayment debts.

Unemployment Insurance overpayments subject to the TOP are those due to fraud or the failure to accurately report earnings.

A "pre-certification" letter is mailed 180 days after the debt become delinquent to the last known address of the individual explaining that their debt will be forwarded to TOP if not satisfied within 60 days.

Claimants can pay the debt in full, or present evidence that part or all of the debt is not subject to the offset. Evidence must be received by NMDWS within 60 days from the date of the “pre-certification” letter. If full payment is not received, or evidence is not received by the 60-day deadline, NMDWS will refer the debt to the Treasury.

If a TOP collection proceeds against you, part or all of your federal income tax return will be intercepted by the United States Treasury and remitted to the Department before you receive it. If you have any questions about TOP or the letter you receive, call the UI Operations Center, 1-877-664-6984, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

I am a student receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits. How do I submit my student questionnaire and official school schedule for adjudication of my student status and eligibility?

As of July 3, 2011, all claimants enrolled in school must be able, available, and actively seeking work (this does not apply to those enrolled in an approved department training such as Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act or Trade Adjustment Assistance training) and must submit a student questionnaire to NMDWS. Our adjudication unit will process all information, determine your eligibility, and issue a determination within the standard adjudication processing time of 4-6 weeks.

Please note: All students (other than those in approved department training, such as WIOA or TAA) will be required to conduct work searches. Maintain records of your work searches, and work searches are subject to verification by NMDWS.

How do I get my 1099G tax form?

The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions mails all Unemployment Insurance 1099 tax information by the last day of January each year. Individuals can access copies of 1099 forms by logging into the UI Tax & Claims System (, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

 If you have a 1099 discrepancy, call the UI Operations Center at 1-877-664-6984, Monday through Friday, 7a.m. - 4:30p.m..



  • Do you want to become an

    Applications Developer?

    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.

  • Do you want to become a


    Assemble, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. May install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.

  • Do you want to become an


    Raise, place, and unite iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. May erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.

  • Do you want to become an


    Perform preliminary work with the material and tools of the trade; residential and commercial rough wiring and finish work including the installation of various kinds of wires, cables, and conduits per the National Electrical Code; industrial lighting and service installation; motors controls and installation including emergency generators, relays, and timing devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us and we'll do our best to answer your questions.