• YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook
  • Office Locations Contact Us

What do I do if I didn't get my debit card?

If you have elected to receive a debit card for your Unemployment Insurance benefits, please be advised that the current processing and arrival time for new debit cards is 7-14 calendar days.

If you have questions regarding ordering a new card, checking the status of a replacement card, debit card account balance questions, or need to Pin/Activate the card please contact the New Mexico Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-866-898-2213. Support is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also log in to the debit card website at EPPICard.com to manage your debit card account. If you need assistance setting up your account on EPPICard.com, have been locked out of your account, or need help with the website password, please contact the New Mexico Debit Card Customer Service Center at 1-866-898-2213 for assistance.

To order a new card or check the status of your card, you may do so without waiting on hold to speak to someone when you call the New Mexico Debit Card Customer Service Center. You will be asked to verify your identity before a card will be sent and can do this by entering in the card number. If you do not know the card number, you can use your Social Security Number or your date of birth to authenticate.

There is a $15.00 fee for replacement debit cards, and you can request for your new card to be expedited 2 days arrival via FedEx or UPS, depending on your area of the state. Please note that we cannot expedite cards to any PO box addresses. These can be sent via USPS Priority Mail, however, there is no guaranteed delivery date.

How do I change my payment method?

You can change your payment method at any time by accessing your Unemployment Insurance Tax & Claims System account online at www.jobs.state.nm.us. Once you log in, click the umbrella icon for Unemployment Insurance Benefits, then select “Manage Account” and then “Payment Method.” Then select the payment option you would prefer. We recommend that if you are changing your payment method, do so 24 hours prior to completing your weekly certification to allow our system time to update before sending out the payment. Please note that Department staff do not have access to assist with entering any direct deposit account information. Department staff can only update your payment method to the debit card.

Why can't I use a pre-paid card or why do I get the message, "The system did not accept your direct deposit account"?

Per our agency security rules and requirements, we do not accept any type of pre-paid brand accounts, including pre-paid bank accounts or pre-paid debit cards, to be used as a direct deposit account for claims. If you would like to use direct deposit as your payment method, you must have an account using a valid, known FDIC/NCUA approved routing number. If you do not have a valid, known routing number, you will be sent a debit card as your payment method.

If your account number is entered incorrectly, is not known, or is not on the FDIC/NCUA approved routing number list, it will go to the routing number workflow and this payment method will be researched by a member of the NMDWS fraud team. You will be mailed paper checks while the investigation takes place. If it is determined to be valid bank it will be added to the approved list and you may begin to use this as the direct deposit account. If it is an unknown or new pre-paid product, it will be added to the blocked list and you will be placed on the debit card if there is no other valid direct deposit account to be used.

Why didn't my money deposit into my account?

You can check the status of your payment online by clicking on the “Payment History” link from your Unemployment Insurance claim homepage.

  • If it shows “Submitted,” you have certified for that week and it is waiting to move to “Paid” status.
  • If it shows “Paid,” it has been sent to the bank.

There are several reasons you may not see your benefit payment in your account, such as:

  • The payment was rejected or was returned by your bank.
  • There are outstanding issues on your claim that might be holding payment and are waiting to be resolved by our adjudication team.
  • It can take up to 3 business days for a payment to reach your account after payment is submitted.
  • If you changed your account the day you certified, the payment may have posted to your previous direct deposit account.

Why is the department sending me a paper check?

If the Department receives a rejection or return on a direct deposit account for any reason, it will result in a paper check being issued to you by mail. There are many reasons why this could happen, including, but not limited to, the following: Wrong account number or routing number provided; Closed account; Bank closed account due to overdraft fees; Bank rejected payment; Name on payment did not match the name associated with the bank account. Once the Department receives the reject payment file back from the bank, usually in 3-5 days, the system will automatically send out a paper check. You may receive a call from the Department requesting you to correct your direct deposit information online. Please note that we cannot take this information over the phone. You may also receive notification of the rejected payment directly from your bank. If you do not have a valid bank account you will be placed on the debit card payment method.



  • Become an application


    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.

  • Do you want to become a


    Assemble, install, alter and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air or other liquids or gases. May install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.

  • Do you want to become an


    Raise, place and unite iron or steel girders, columns and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. May erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.

  • Do you want to become an


    Perform preliminary work with the material and tools of the trade; residential and commercial rough wiring and finish work including the installation of various kinds of wires, cables and conduits per the National Electrical Code; industrial lighting and service installation; motors controls and installation including emergency generators, relays and timing devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us and we'll do our best to answer your questions.