• YouTube Twitter Instagram Facebook
  • Office Locations Contact Us
/ Categories: Correspondence, Tax

Notice of Amount Due

Why was this letter sent to me?

This letter was sent to you because records show that you have outstanding unpaid contributions or payments. It also lets you know that interest will continue to accumulate until the balance is paid off.

What does this letter mean?

This letter is sent out to an employer to inform them that there is an outstanding debt on their account, and that failure to pay may result in a lien being filed.

What do I do next?

You should make a payment. You can do so by logging in to your account at www.dws.state.nm.us, or by mailing in the voucher attached. If you mail your payment, you must ensure that your employer account number is written on the check.
If you have already made a payment you may disregard this notice, but keep this correspondence for your records.

Where am I in the claims or tax process?

You are in the process of paying contributions or payments to the department.

Who should I contact if I have any questions?

You can access your employer account online as well as other claims and tax information at www.dws.state.nm.us.

You can also contact a Customer Service Agent in the Unemployment Insurance Operations Center at 1-877-664-6984, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Documents to download


  • Do you want to become an

    Applications Developer?

    Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency.

  • Do you want to become a


    Assemble, install, alter, and repair pipelines or pipe systems that carry water, steam, air, or other liquids or gases. May install heating and cooling equipment and mechanical control systems.

  • Do you want to become an


    Raise, place, and unite iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures or structural frameworks. May erect metal storage tanks and assemble prefabricated metal buildings.

  • Do you want to become an


    Perform preliminary work with the material and tools of the trade; residential and commercial rough wiring and finish work including the installation of various kinds of wires, cables, and conduits per the National Electrical Code; industrial lighting and service installation; motors controls and installation including emergency generators, relays, and timing devices.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us and we'll do our best to answer your questions.