On August 17, 2015, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) released its Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the 2016-2017 Program Year. The 2016 competition will target AmeriCorps grantmaking on the six national focus areas identified in the Serve America Act and the agency's five-year Strategic Plan: disaster services, economic opportunity, education, environmental stewardship, healthy futures, and veterans and military families. In order to maximize the impact of the public investment in national service, CNCS will fund programs that can demonstrate community impact and solve community problems using an evidence-based or evidence-informed approach.
Through the 2016 competition, CNCS seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in disaster services, economic opportunity, education, the environment, veterans and military families, and the Governor and Mayor Initiative. CNCS will continue to focus on national service programs that improve academic outcomes for children, youth, and young adults. In addition, CNCS seeks to increase its investment in programs that engage a significant number of participants age 55 or older as AmeriCorps members.
All interested applicants must submit a Notification of Intent to Apply form by Friday, November 6, 2015 by 5:00 PM Mountain. This form can be found with the Application Materials below and on page 49 of the RFP. Proposals from eligible applicants are due Wednesday, December 2, 2015 by 4:00 PM Mountain. See RFP 16-631-7003-00032 (below) for details.
Important Application Dates
- A Pre-Proposal Conference/Grant Informational Session will be held Friday, November 6, 2015 at 1:00 PM Mountain
- Submission of the Letter of Acknowledgement/Notice of Intent to Apply is required to be eligible for this competition and is due on Friday, November 6, 2015 by 5:00 PM Mountain by email to email@example.com
- Deadline to submit Written Questions: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 at 5:00 PM Mountain
- Response to Written Questions: Friday, November 20, 2015
- The deadline for Full Applications is Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 4:00 PM Mountain. Application process requires:
- Online Submission; and
- Submittal of Proposal Packet
All items required to be electronically submitted, emailed, or turned into the NMCCV office must be submitted by the given due dates. Late or incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Pre-Proposal Conference/Informational Session
NMCCV will host a Pre-Proposal Conference/Informational Session Friday, November 6, 2015 at 1:00 PM Mountain at the TIWA Building at 401 Broadway NE; Albuquerque, NM 87102. Potential Applicants are encouraged to come with questions or to submit written questions in advance of the meeting, questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The identity of the organization submitting the question(s) will not be revealed. All written questions will be collected, addressed, and released on Friday, November 20, 2015.
Attendance is highly recommended, but not a prerequisite for submission of application.
Online Informational Sessions
NMCCV hosted a series of informational webinar sessions covering a variety of introductory information related to managing an AmeriCorps program. A copy of each session’s presentation is available below.
- Addresses questions about the basic concepts and components of AmeriCorps State and National grants, the application review timeline and other general questions about AmeriCorps.
- AmeriCorps Basics Presentation - PDF
AmeriCorps Program Management and Design
- Covers questions ranging from appropriate AmeriCorps member service activities, staffing for the program, grantee responsibilities and other questions related to program design or program management.
- AmeriCorps Program Management & Design Presentation - PDF
AmeriCorps Budget Development
- Provides information on budget development and administration with a focus on the preparation of a grant-specific budget for AmeriCorps programs.
- AmeriCorps Budget Development Presentation - PDF
AmeriCorps Performance Measures Design
- Explains AmeriCorps’ National Performance Measures, what the instructions are and how to use them; why the instructions are important to follow; when to use them; and where to find them.
- AmeriCorps Performance Measures Design Presentation - PDF
All communication relating to this notice must be directed to the contact persons named below.
New Mexico Commission for Community Volunteerism
Communication related to this application shall be directed to the contact person named above. All emails and phone calls will be returned within a reasonable amount of time. Applicants are encouraged to submit their questions well in advance of the application deadline as NMCCV is not obligated to respond to questions that are received 48 hours prior to the due date.